KEGS – Operation Press Gang – June 3rd. at The Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 261 12326 Lanoue St., Tecumseh, Ontario
Two sessions, namely 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, and 3:00 pm to 7:00pm for gaming.
Admission: $10.00, (12 years and younger are free)
Doors open to the gamers at 09:00 am
KEGs is trying to “recruit” more gamers from the Chatham, Windsor and Michigan areas. To-date, we have approximately 16 gamers with a core group of 6 who pretty well game once or twice a month. At present, we set aside, the 3rd weekend of each month at Neil’s Place (Chatham) as Club day. Neil has the capacity for 3 to 4 battle-tables, in his “War Room”. The Chatham and Windsor gamers have at least one or two pickup games a month at their respective sites. Frank’s Place (Windsor) has 2 battle-tables.
We as a group, game “all historical periods”, and in fact, have been known to game futuristic and fantasy games. Amongst us all, we have a “vast” collection of miniatures in all scales and armies. If you are interested in meeting us and/or participate as a gamer, we (KEGs) are hosting a one day gaming on June 3rd, show-casing “some” of our games for your miniature gaming pleasure. You are more than welcome to join us and participate as a gamer (you do not need miniatures) or gamemaster (future events like KEGSCON 2017 during the weekend of Sept 29th, 2017).
There will be 9 battle-tables set up for “miniature table-top gaming” per session: Namely…
– Franco-Prussian War (6mm) set in the late 1870s. using the Battle-Bloody Big Battles Rules. GM: Brian Hall
– Zombies (28mm) set in Urbanville. Survivors have to get to a Church (sanctuary) from the opposite sides of the table. Gamers can search buildings for added equipment to combat the horde of zombies. If you do not cooperate with other survivors, you MAY NOT MAKE IT! GM: Mitch Campbell
– Dux Brits (28mm) Saxon warbands are raiding the Romano-Brits and trying to raid, pillage, and get off the table with their loot. GM: Andrew Rodgers
– Gladiator Combat (28mm), Gamers are gladiators fighting in the arena attempting to be Number One. Will you be the “last one standing!” GM: Ty Newby
– Afghan Skirmish (28mm) The marines are on a security patrol in a small village, intel reports light resistance activity in the area. Taliban are out there somewhere…. GM: Don Hennessey
– Pirates (28mm) Gamers can be either a Pirate and loot the docks and/or vulnerable village or kill all the dastardly pirates as a villager! GM: Max Nelson
– Sci Fi Game: “Silicon vs. Carbon” 15mm SciFi platoon action with Tomorrow’s War rules. Defend humanity or eliminate the virus of man. GM:.Cain Carter
– Cy6 Airwars (1/285 scale) Operation Dragoon. The Allied invasion of southern France. US Navy and Fleet Air Arm F6F-5 Hellcats more than hold their own against German Bf-109s and FW-190s. GM: Tom Michael (Pro or Con)
– Gotham Nights – Cinema Tactics, Heroics and Villainy Battle it out through the streets of Gotham. Choose from a variety of DC heroes and villains, including Batman, Flash, Hawkman, Mr. Freeze, Pengquin and Clayface. GM: Brad from 6 Square Studios
Two Vendors on site, namely – J&M Minatures http://jmminiatures.ca and
– 6 Squared Studios http://6squaredstudios.ca
Contact Frank Kailik (frkailik [at] gmail [dot] com) for more details or to even to discuss wargaming in general in our area (Chatham, Windsor, Michigan).